Posted December 5, 2016
Event DJ - Announcement
Congratulations DJ O SHOW!!!!
It is our pleasure to announce Orene Askew as the Event DJ for Gathering Our Voices 2017 in Kelowna BC!! A big THANK YOU to all of the DJ’s that submitted their applications.
Posted November 21, 2016
Call for Exhibitors
Application Deadline November 30th, 2016
To apply please create an account and complete the exhibitor application.
All exhibitors are required to submit a clear Criminal Record Check within the last 2 years.
Exhibitors will be informed if they are chosen via email by December 9, 2016.
For more information please contact Hannah Mashon, Registration Coordinator at 250-388-5522 ext.222 or email email@example.com
Posted November 1, 2016
BCAAFC Job Posting: Conference Assistant
Term Position to March 31, 2017 / 35hr work week / based in Victoria, BC
The British Columbia Association of Aboriginal Friendship Centres is hosting the 15th annual Gathering Our Voices (GOV) Aboriginal Youth Conference. In 2017, the conference will be held in Kelowna from March 21-24, 2017 with more than 1000 Indigenous youth from across BC and Canada in attendance. The event has multiple streams of activities and information for Indigenous youth including workshops, a career and education fair, health and environment challenges, cultural activities and entertainment.
- Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Primary support person to Lead Conference Coordinator
- Youth Dance Party coordination including entertainment and security
- Talent Showcase coordination including selection process, participant logistics, and workshop and dress rehearsal support
- Honour an Indigenous Youth Awards coordination
- Development and distribution of conference materials
- Conference communications including content development for social media
Knowledge and Abilities
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills
- Strong time management, decision making and problem solving skills
- The ability to work well in a team setting
- The ability to work both under a supervisor or without supervision on assigned projects
- A high energy level with a determined and productive attitude
- Adaptable and flexible within a wide variety of situations
- Experience in event coordination
- Experience working on youth related projects and/or in a youth setting
- Experience working with Indigenous communities and organizations
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and excellent typing proficiency
- Excellent writing skills with high attention to detail
Please send cover letter, resume and three references by Monday, November 14, 2016 at 4:00pm PST to:
Tanya Clarmont, Senior Contract Manager, Ext. 216 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pursuant to section 41 of the BC Human Rights Code, preference may be given to applicants of Indigenous Ancestry
Posted October 24, 2016
Call for Event DJ - Deadline October 31, 2016
We are currently looking for an event DJ to create an upbeat fun atmosphere at the youth Dance Party at the Gathering Our Voices youth conference March 21-24 in Kelowna, BC.
More information: Call Hannah Mashon at 250-388-5522 Ext 222
Application Available on our Home Page!
Posted October 3, 2016
For Immediate Release
October 3, 2016
Gathering Our Voices 2017 Reaches Capacity in One Week
Victoria, B.C. – The 15th Annual Gathering Our Voices (GOV) National Indigenous Youth Conference sold out within a week. Registration for GOV 2017 went live Monday, September 26th and half the spaces were filled within the first 24 hours. All 1200 seats are taken for the March 2017 event in Kelowna, co-hosted by Ki-Low-Na Friendship Society.
Leslie Varley, Executive Director of BCAAFC, the co-hosting agency, commented, “This level of commitment to the GOV 2017 reflects the increasing need for opportunities that positively reinforce Indigenous youth identity. We make every effort to accommodate as many youth as possible each year.”
Community groups work hard year round to fundraise for their youth to attend GOV. Last year’s event was held in Victoria BC, and included a Totem Pole raising, the Premier’s Awards for Aboriginal Youth Excellence in Sport and the Nike N7 Move Moment.
Youth take in a selection of workshops including health, self esteem development, anti-violence, physical activity, education and career planning. Each year the youth outdo themselves with an entertaining evening of world class talent.
There remain opportunities for corporate sponsorship, and event volunteers. For further information please contact Hannah Mashon at 250-388-5522 Ext. 222 or email email@example.com.
Registration is Open
Posted: September 26, 2016
New Rates and New Deadlines
GOV March 21-24, 2017 hosted at the Delta Grand Okanagan Resort and Conference Centre on the traditional territory of the Westbank First Nations.
Early Registration $150.00 deadline November 30, 2016
Regular Registration $200.00 deadline January 31, 2017
All registration fees due February 28, 2017
Full Refunds Honoured Until Tuesday, February 28, 2017
Call for Event DJ is Open: deadline October 31, 2016
Call for Facilitators is Open: deadline November 4, 2016
Call for Exhibitors is Open: deadline November 30, 2016
Call for DJ is Open: deadline October 31, 2016
Call for Emcee is Open: deadline January January 20, 2017
Call for Keynote is Open: deadline January January 20, 2017
Call for Entertainment is Open: deadline January 20, 2017
Call for Youth Talent Showcase Applications is Open: deadline March 3, 2017
Nominations Open for Honour an Indigenous Youth Champion in Your Community Deadline March 3, 2017